Skip to main content

Review: Dermalogica's Precleanse


Greetings, my friends!

Bottom Line - this is one of my favorite oil-based cleansers and will happily buy this again.

Dermalogica:
Dermalogica is an American skincare company founded by Jane and Rey Wurwand in 1986. However, before the first Dermalogica products were made - in 1983, Jane, a U.K. trained skin therapist, opened "The International Dermal Institute" for licensed skin therapists to teach hands-on postgraduate level skincare training. Realizing there weren't products on the market which matched what she was teaching, Jane and Rey established Dermalogica. They decided they wanted a product line free of common irritants and ingredients which they felt led to breakouts, such as lanolin, SD alcohol, mineral oil, artificial colors, and fragrances - and that's exactly what they ended up creating.

Dermalogica Precleanse:
This is a great make-up remover - especially for people who wear stubborn eye and lip make-up! It has a great thick consistency, but it's not too thick to properly clean your face. I also love that it doesn't have a fragrance and that a bottle lasts a long time. This oil-based cleanser contains kukui, apricot, rice bran, and vitamin E oils which means that it will gently cleanse your face while adding moisture to your face. Like I said above, I love this cleanser - but it's not my favorite. One draw back to this is that it leaves an oily residue on your eyes if you open them before you wash off the cleanser. Other than that - I don't have any other complaints.

Stats:
This costs $45 for 5.1 oz or $13.50 for 1oz. Whenever a company has a trial/travel size version of a product, I always recommend people buy that first to try the product. 

You can buy this on Dermalogica's website (www.dermalogica.com), but it's also available at Dermstore.com, Skinstore.com, Blue Mercury, Ulta Beauty, Nordstroms, and many many other stores (http://www.dermalogica.com/authorized-retailers/authorized-retailers,default,pg.html), or at your local stockists (http://www.dermalogica.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Dermalogica-Site/default/Stores-Find).

I do not recommend buying high-end beauty products from Amazon or eBay. While I love Amazon and eBay and most sellers are legitimate with quality products - beauty products tend to be highly susceptible to fraud. If you're going to spend your hard earned money, make sure you're buying what you think you're buying. 

That's it. Let me know if you have any questions.
JessiPedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Skinceuticals' CE Ferulic or Phloretin CF

Greetings, my friends! I originally wrote this post back in 2012 after I searched other reviews for the similarities and differences between Skinceuticals' Phloretin CF and CE Ferulic. There were a ton of postings online (and still are) about CE Ferulic and how fantastic it is, but Phloretin CF (being the newer product) has fewer post while costing the same. So which one do you choose? That is what I hope to address in this post in my updated review of these products. Bottom Line - b oth products are incredible! If you have wrinkles - CE Ferulic is the way to go. But if you have combination or oily skin and are focused on evening your skintone and/or correcting hyperpigmentation - then you'll want Phloretin CF. I prefer Phloretin CF over CE Ferulic (which I'll explain why below), but my hubby-to-be prefers CE Ferulic (which I'll also explain below).  Skinceuticals: Skinceuticals is a US skincare company that was created by Alden...

Review: 6 Different SokoGlam Sheet Masks

Greetings, my friends! Bottom Line  - I would buy almost every mask again with the exception of the E-Nature mask. E-Nature: Per SokoGlam.com, E-Nature was founded on the principle of creating breakthrough formulas for your skin by fusing cutting-edge Korean technology with the safest and most effective natural ingredients. E-Nature's Squeeze Green Watery Sheet Mask: This mask was "okay." It's a cotton mask soaked in watery essence (not goo) which felt nice and cool on my face, but I didn't see any difference other than that it slightly hydrated my skin. It's meant to treat excess sebum, but I didn't notice a difference either. This costs $2.50, but I don't think I'll buy it again. Klavuu: Per SokoGlam.com, Klavuu is Korea's first marine pearl cosmetic brand that infuses natural pearl, essential oils, and marine plant extracts into their signature formulas. Natural pearls will enrich, hydrate, and firm the skin, for the most ra...

Review: Dermalogica's Sebum Clearing Masque

Greetings, my friends! Bottom Line  - I would repurchase this again and have several times. Dermalogica :  Dermalogica is an American skincare company founded by Jane and Rey Wurwand in 1986. However, before the first Dermalogica products were made - in 1983, Jane, a U.K. trained skin therapist, opened "The International Dermal Institute" for licensed skin therapists to teach hands-on postgraduate level skincare training. Realizing there weren't products on the market which matched what she was teaching, Jane and Rey established Dermalogica. They decided they wanted a p roduct line free of common irritants and ingredients which they felt led to breakouts, such as lanolin, SD alcohol, mineral oil, artificial colors, and fragrances - and that's exactly what they ended up creating. Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Masque: This is a cool clay mask that treats acne and helps prevent outbreaks. The clay helps absorb extra sebum while the salicylic acid clears pore congestion...